About Digital X-rays
Dental radiographs (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. Dentists and dental hygienists use this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan. Without x-rays, problem areas may go undetected.
Digital X-Rays are the new and improved way to replace traditional x-rays in dentistry. They have many benefits including less radiation, a quicker image so you don’t have to hold still as long, and a higher quality image to get all the detail that we need to create the best treatment plan for you. Don’t let traditional x-rays slow you down, we use digital x-rays because they’re safer for you and the environment.
Dental x-rays may reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts.
- Bone loss.
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
- Decay between the teeth.
- Developmental abnormalities.
- Poor tooth and root positions.
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line.
- Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage can save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and your teeth!